Tuesday, August 07, 2007

SUMMER VACATION


China , Vietnam, and Thailand; my destinations during my July vacation. I am still in recovery mode. Traveling to exotic foreign lands has always left me with a sense of broadened horizon and elevation of awareness which I find even more difficult to emerge from then the proverbial jetlag. The travails of an itinerant criminal attorney in Los Angeles just seem infinitesimally insignificant when viewed in contrast to the vitality and vibrancy of present day Southeast Asia.

The tableau of lives immersed in daily struggles to survive and thrive against the backdrop of immense natural beauty and all pervasive poverty simply left me breathless for the 3-week duration of my trip. All this was poignantly presented to me in sharp contrast to the materialist; spiritually bankrupt existence I feel was awaiting me back home.

Now that it is over, I cannot help but feel the experience has altered me on some very fundamental level. I feel the pull of destiny propelling me towards that part of the world; something stirs within. What will come next?

2 Comments:

Blogger vikky said...

these pictures are great, kemble!

10:46 PM  
Blogger mimi and kemble said...

thanks victoria. hard to take a bad picture when the country is so beautiful.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home