Wednesday, September 21, 2005

OASIS IN THE MIDDLE OF LA

It is a lovely sunny day; while most of the citizens of LA were working and going to school, Laika and I took the opportunity to play hooky and frolic in the wilderness.

Most of the time, Los Angeles is portrayed as a city of traffic and pollution. But, surprisingly, 10 kilometers away from my house, right in the center of Los Angeles, is Griffith Park and Observatory. Lovely place to hike and picnic for the day.

As you can see in the background, this hike takes you very close to the Hollywood sign.

That is the San Fernado Valley pictured in the background. Kind of hazy, but a lot better than 20 years ago when the Smog was at its worst

Laika was getting a little overheated during the hike. I guess I would be too if I went on the hike while wearing a big white fur coat.

The observatory underwent a 5 year long renovation. It should be opened again to the public soon. I remember, in High School, we use to take field trips to the laserium in the observatory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home