Monday, September 26, 2005

WINDY CITY DREAMS

After a spirited 48-hour train journey, we arrived in the windy city .



It really is a lovely city; in September that is, I don't see myself here in the frigid months during October-March.

I love the EL-subway system; There are like 3 universities within a 10 square-mile radius; so the whole city seems to be inhabited by i-pod wearing sophmores racing to their next class.


But I do need to work on the subway etiquette. No eye contact; be cool and self contained; no need to chat-up your neighbor.

Being from CA, a car based city, I seldom see so many people gathered together in one public place. I can't help but feel the need to mingle and see how everyone's doing. Of course the natives were always nice enough to humor me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home